Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

As manager of a organisation employed by a committee, a

Customer Question

as manager of a organisation employed by a committee, a member of that committee has made accusations of fraud and other items against myself, the rest of the committee had a response meeting with me where i showed evidence to the contrary and as such that the committee has completely exonerated myself and have sent a letter to our governing body to the effect that they totally oppose all allegations and have check all paper trails and contracts and find all these claims unjust. my question is as some were very serious i have contacted a lawyer to have these claims stopped and possibly go the individual, unfortunately other than an initial conversation I am unable to have a formal meeting until next week. my issue is the committee has asked the person involved not contact myself but unfortunately my concern is can i have the person stood down while legal proceedings take place as I am employed in a financial manner he is a volunteer and with the club having meetings before i meet my solicitor i feel i need further protection than just him being told not to communicate.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not sure what you mean sorry
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
Would you not just use the restraint as leverage against this rouge? Hey may well fall into temptation and contact you directly.

Other than that, it is standard in most instances for one to be stood down pending legal proceedings, but again in this instance, is it not something the organisation needs to vote on?

I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.