Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Car insurance paid by the month went into default because of

Car insurance paid by the month went into default because of expiry year on credit card, Insurance company stated that 2 reminders had been sent out in the mail. These reminders were not received. The insurance company stated that it was now cancelled.
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Queensland. around three weeks ago.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: In regards ***** ***** matter - no, this was not discovered until there was an accident (my daughter at fault). I rang the insurance (Toyota insurance) company to pay the money and explain, they said it was cancelled.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought the car for my daughter and was paying insurance by the month up to card expiry 6/16 and had not noticed that the payments were not coming out. Other companies that I have dealt with when a payment has been overlooked has sent an email or text and it has been resolved over the phone.

Hello
Speak with the ombudsman:
https://www.fos.org.au/

They can make a judgement call.
I do advise however, you may well not have a case.
The insurance policy will state that the payments need to be made. A court will be not swayed that you did not receive the letters, a court will accept that they were sent and the credit card details should have been dealt with.

I wish I could give betters news, but I do not want to provide false info, that leads to false hope.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.