Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have an arrest warrant for assault with my ex-wife and

I have an arrest warrant for sexual assault with my ex-wife and domestic violence (False charges).I did not appear in the court. I am living currently in overseas and would like to go to Sydney to see my daughter.
1. How safe the Sydney airport will be for me?
2. What about other state airport? Will they be safe for me?
3. If I go to Melbourne for one month, do i need to be really worried about police?
Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

If there is a warrant out for your arrest, if you are found by the police you will be arrested and held in prison until the hearing date.

You will not be allowed to leave.

I cannot say if they have notified customs, but if they have you will be arrested on entry.

You will have to contact the court and see what orders are made by the court in the warrant. Only then can you discover if they have ordered that you be placed on the watch list at international airports.

If not and you enter Melbourne the Victorian police cannot fro anything as the warrant is only for NSW

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
34;You will have to contact the court and see what orders are made by the court in the warrant. Only then can you discover if they have ordered that you be placed on the watch list at international airports."What is the likeliness of putting my name on the watch list? As i understand the charges are not serious enough (its not murder or drug related or terrorism issue) to put my name on watch list....Thanks

Good Afternoon

Very unlikely as the courts are state based not federally based and if you had already left they would not have made that order. But this is only an assumption I cannot guarantee anything and only you can ascertain what the court did by calling them.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
34;But this is only an assumption I cannot guarantee anything..."If your assumption is correct, then I can frequently travel to any part of Australia except NSW, right?Even if the police or custom in Melbourne airport find out warrant for any reason, they must let me go, right?

If the warrant is given to customs then any airport will have your name and be waiting for you.

Customs is federal.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
34;If the warrant is given to customs then any airport will have your name and be waiting for you."What is the likeliness of giving the warrant to customs? I am not murderer or terrorist, isn't it?

It is unlikely but I cannot guarantee that.

You should contact the court and ask about the warrant. This is the only way you will know what the risks are.