Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I have an arrest warrant for assault with my ex-wife and

Customer Question

I have an arrest warrant for sexual assault with my ex-wife and domestic violence (False charges).I did not appear in the court. I am living currently in overseas and would like to go to Sydney to see my daughter.
1. How safe the Sydney airport will be for me?
2. What about other state airport? Will they be safe for me?
3. If I go to Melbourne for one month, do i need to be really worried about police?
Submitted: 2 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 days ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

If there is a warrant out for your arrest, if you are found by the police you will be arrested and held in prison until the hearing date.

You will not be allowed to leave.

I cannot say if they have notified customs, but if they have you will be arrested on entry.

You will have to contact the court and see what orders are made by the court in the warrant. Only then can you discover if they have ordered that you be placed on the watch list at international airports.

If not and you enter Melbourne the Victorian police cannot fro anything as the warrant is only for NSW

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.