Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Dear Lawer. Im a German citizen and i was living for 3 years

dear Lawer.
Im a German citizen and i was living for 3 years in Australian and meet one person a women in internet and she is Australian citizen and she lift in Darwin and went to Ghana for dealing with gold. And she ask me to help her out to finance the DHL and some other expenses she had . she show me that she bought gold in a quit big amount and for helping her she would pay me a quit profitable return. She send me some documents which should proof that this deal is not a scam???? after 3 year she has broken up to continue the deal rgd of no cash flow. i ask her now to pay me back but she refused. i have all emails and all transaction and passport copies and certifications about all this deal. Also i have made 2 loan contracts which is from Australian law registered . My question now is i'm already moved out from Australian to Indonesia cause i have a job here. what can i do to recover my money which closely to 50.000USD$. thks for attention

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

It is a scam.

I have seen it before and people have lost their money. I am sorry to say but you will not get it back If she is in australia and you have evidence you have given her the money sue her. If she has assets you can then have the courts sell it.

Is she in australia?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She send me one certifcate where she has keeped the gold in on security. I have her passport copie and one of her cousin which was the witness of the loans and both are Australian citizen. But the cousine as she said died last year. I dont have a proof of ths certificate from Ghana that is original certification of this security warehouse.I can send this certification to review.I believe if she will come back as what she said she will have not any assects as i understand cause she is already 3 years away from Australia. she has a mother and the mother has one house thats what i know.the question is if she come back and still have some money left from the gold she has sold????? then there is some to get. I can also send the loan to review. over the year s i have collected all the emails and othe letters from all our conversations.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my question also . If she comes back and even has nothing left but she will start a job to coniue her life in Australian make it sence even to sue her and she pay my money back in montly rates.

Good Evening.

Do you have evidence of giving her the money? A bank transfer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have all transaction by bank and Wu and other money senders. all copies . original still in Australian. I have also 290 letters (Emails) which was send and receive in one periode of 3 years.

Until she comes back to australia there is very little that you can do

I suspect she will not be coming back.

I have seen this before and the clients have lost their money because there is no gold and all the certificates etc were fake to con them out of their money.

I am really sorry I cannot give you better news.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok If you think that is all fake ; what about if this is not fake and she is back would it make sence to sue here. but what about the different states she will be back in Darwin cause this was her place she lived before, and i was living in Perth.And how much it would cost for me to sue her. and if this is real do i have to be in person in Perth. And should i go to the deprtment where i can get help from goverment if it s a scam .

Good Evening.

If she is back then sue her and also get an order that she has to surrender her passport so she does not leave Australia

It is $50K US so it is worth suing her. It would be in the magistrates court.

You would be looking at about $30K australian if it goes to a full hearing and you have to have a solicitor do all of the work.

You can report it to the Ausrtalian Federal Police and also contact Scam Watch

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good morning Mr leon. Still need some more infos . you said i get only 30Aus$ back even i have borrowed her 50US so why i will only get back 30$aus doesnt make sence for me. oh what i still wane mention when i meet this women in Internet she still was living in darwin. cause i have spoken to her by phone and the mobile was australian number so she is australian citizen and on that time there was nothing mention on a gold deal or what ever she said she is working in one mall. so thats wy im still thinking this whole thing is not a scam.She mention she got the money from her mom which was actually her heritage what she used for buying this gold. And as i have this certificat which is from that security company how i can get a proof that this certificate is original or one scam.There are many things which makes sence that this whole deal is not a scam.

Good Afternoon

My apology that was a typographical error. You would sue for the $50K

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
question if i need some more information do i have ot pay again.other wise for now im ok with the information you gave me.I have contacted the scam watch and see what they gone to tell me.

If you have a new question you will have to start again. If it is for more clarification on this you can continue here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok im not really satisfied cause you dind;t have seen all the certifictions to tell me that is all scarp or original. You just think all is scam. there are to many things happen which make sence for me. but i need this information whether all this certifications are for real or not.becasue if it s just a scam then im not going to do any thing cause i no all will be lost.

You can email them to me but I cannot tell you if they are authentic

If they have certifications on them and addresses from who they are given I would suggest you contact them and they will be able to confirm ion they are legitimate or not.

But I have seen this before and have had people hand over hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the same thing. They have lost their money.

But to confirm if the certificateions are real you would have to contact the body that issued them and their details would be on the certificates.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok i send to you just have a look and maybe you have had this one already seen and i send also passport to you.

Your documents are now public for the world to see.

I cannot find anything on the security company.

There is no record of it.

Further the passport appear not to be legitimate as the type script is not the one used by the Department of Foreign Affairs.

I would suggest you contact the AFP and provide them with these copies as they are fakes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Halo Mr Leon now i believe all is a fake cause you must known he originality of Australian passport. yes i have already given some information to the scam watch . see what they will do. Is AFP the same as scam watch

the AFP is the Federal Police.

It is not scam watch

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thks for info do you have any contact address from this federal police cause im in Indo can not find any thing. like e-mail

Good Afternoon

Here is their contract page.

https://www.afp.gov.au/contact-us

All the best and good luck

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

Regards