Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I have my partner's son living in my home. He has been here

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have my partner's son living in my home. He has been here for over a year. When he moved in it was under certain conditions, none of which he has kept. I need him gone, and I am wondering how to go about it. I don't want to get into an argument (I don't want to talk to him at all} so I am looking for a legal pathway. I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No nothing yet. My lovely partner says he will deal with it and we have given him a date of the 1st of November to be gone (which he has not even acknowledged). It is very hard for my partner, of course, because it is his son, so I feel I need to step in and make it happen
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really. I just need to know what the steps are so I can avoid a messy emotional confrontation.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 days ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

If he has not met the conditions then you can argue that he i =s in breach of the verbal lease and give him a notice to vacate.

Make sure everything is in writing and not verbal. This way you have evidence of what you have done.

If he wont leave you will have to take the matter to QCAT

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.