Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I had an electricity bill in my name vecausemy previous

Customer Question

i had an electricity bill in my name vecausemy previous flatmates power was cut off. i put the new electricity in my name under the agreement that they would pay for the electricity as electricity was included in my rent. i moved out only to forget and realise i received a big bill i asked them to start paying it but they refuse even when they agreed to. do i have a fair chance despite it being in my name even though i moved out? i feel wrongly done by as i was not using any electricity while i moved out. i dont want to pay for a bill that im not respinsible for but i dont want to get a default on my credit rating please help me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

Being in your name it is your liability.

Do you have anything in writing as evidence of the agreement?