Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

We've purchased in our personal names a 60y old commercial

Customer Question

We've purchased in our personal names a 60y old commercial property [13'shops'1047m2+ land'3643m2] in Brisbane 15 years ago. One of the shops'102m2 we've used for 10 years to operate a dental business via trust(DFT). 2009 we purchased the adjoining res' property 'old'house&land '718m2 under a company name, we are now looking at subdividing this lot. My husband will be 60 in Feb and we are planning to sell the business soon. Jointly we have $250,000 in LG super. We want to keep the shops and maybe? buy more adjoining' land to improve or re develop the old ???..we still have "$900,000 debit on these 2 properties. We need smart legal advice on how best to plan for our financial future? retirement? and the family? ..we have one part dependent 82 year old? and one part/co dependent 30 year old daughter?.. Our accountant has suggested we should look at JV's / inter vivos trusts? transferring property to trust? etc
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 13 days ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

This is a matter for a Financial planner as they have very detailed knowledge about what can be done.

A joint venture for what?