Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I'm just wondering where I stand from a legal front. I had a

Customer Question

Hi there, I'm just wondering where I stand from a legal front. I had a medical abortion at 9 weeks pregnant. My doctor told me I had to have a blood test 10 days later, I had it 12 days later. They received my results rang me and told me I had a non viable pregnancy. That I would have to take a pregnancy test 2 weeks later, but it would most likely come back positive as I still had high hormone levels. I was working away at the time and ended up taking the pregnancy test 4 weeks after my blood test. It came back positive. I rang the doctor and he advised me to go and have another blood test. He rang me with the results the following day and told me that my levels where still the same and that there must be left over placenta stuck. So I had to go and get a ultrasound. He then rang me with the results of that saying I'm still pregnant. I'm now 17 weeks pregnant and have changed my mind but have gone through so much trauma? I don't think it's fair they are able to tell me I have a non viable pregnancy? Can you help
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 16 days ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

If you are asking whether you can sue them fro negligence, the question is whether he did what was acceptable for someone in his position.

You will need to go and see another obstetrician and show him your file and have a report prepared on whether the doctor that performed the abortion and followed you up did everything that a person in his position could have done.

Medical negligence cases are not easy and you should speak to a solicitor that practices in this area.

Firms like Slater and Gordon will undertake the work on no win no fee basis. They can assist you to get the file and get a second opinion on the actions of the dr and if they were negligent and what you would be worth.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.