Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have purchased thing over the years from Coogans, about

Customer Question

I have purchased thing over the years from Coogans, about three years ago I return an article and the contract was cancelled, I live at the same place all contact info for me is the same I work at the same place. I have had no contact from or with Coogans for about 3 years I received a letter on Friday stating a contract number, no details of any kind in regards ***** ***** purchase that I have not made a payment on in a long time, the letter states only a number no other info except that if I do not contact them they will take property from my home and sell it. since they have made no attempt to contact me over the past three years and are threatening this, do they have a right to do this and what can I do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tasmania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I feel that since they have made no attempt to contact me prior to this what right do they have to send a threatening after 3 years
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

Can you email me the letter so I can read it your question is not clear.