Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I have been suspended for 6 months for losing a demerit

Customer Question

i have been suspended for 6 months for losing a demerit point while on a 12 month good behavoir bond i was to go to coutrt in july 2015 to fight some camera fines but i never recieved the court notice and they read the charges and i lost 10 points in i day which took me over my limit by i point so i had to take the 12 month bond as i am a full time carer for my son who has cerabral palsy i dont know how to get some pouints back
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: victoria 1 am 56
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i lose my licence on 27/10 from vic roads i have to go to magistrats court on wed to ask for a stay of proccedings
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can i drive as a am a carer
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 12 days ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand I am very limited on what I can tell you and that you may have to get more detailed advice.

When did you get the notice?

Do you still dispute the fines you were going to go to court for?

Did you pay the fines?