Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Can you please advise me on where to get the "letter of

Customer Question

good morning , can you please advise me on where to get the "letter of administration" for our father who is a pensioner. We lost our mother 6 years ago and trying to see if we can get her superannuation through my father who is still alive. Now my father is a pensioner and can't really afford to pay thousand's of dollars just to get a letter of administration. please advise, we are based in Perth right now.
JA: I am Pearl, the Lawyer's Assistant. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: PErth and hasn't been filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: our mother worked in different companies and wasn't able to update her super as her death was unexpected.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you mortar have any other assets apart from the super? Do you have the details of the superfund?