Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

In qld are you entitled to any form of government assistance

Customer Question

In qld are you entitled to any form of government assistance in particular medical aid subsidy scheme eligibility if you were compensated for a catastrophic injury 15 years ago? I have assets but the ongoing cost of medical equipment and medical care is astronomical I don't believe I got enough compensation to last me the rest of my life and although I own my home and have got assets I don't want to sell them as I believe I will need them for my nursing care in the future - my husband is my primary carer I think he is entitled to $40 a week or thereabouts but essentially my compensation payment is supporting both of us as he can't leave me to pursue employment i'm in last 15 years and access to the medical AIDS subsidy scheme would help.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 16 days ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You are only entitled to what Medicare gives you.

If you have a disability then you may be eligible for a disability pension but that is subject to an asset and incomes test.

You need to speak to your doctor and he can provide you with the necessary medical evidence to go to Centrelink and make an application to be assessed.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am not at all happy with this Service, firstly why is a solicitor from NSW addressing a question that relates to QLD legislation? Secondly you are incorrect in your advice I am also entitled to a mobility allowance and healthcare card, taxi concession etc - My question made no mention of the disability pension, this is something that I am already aware of -I specifically wanted somebody to address the issue of eligibility for the medical aids subsidy scheme in QLD you have not addressed this at all. You have not answered my question all, I have paid $98 to be told that I am not eligible for a disability pension -something I already knew and that was not the question I asked – please advise how I may apply for a refund.( please note the spelling of the word advice - if you are purporting to give legal advice perhaps it might be in your best interest to learn how to spell the word)