Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I was wondering what my rights are I was renting a property

Hello I was wondering what my rights are I was renting a property privately off my boss and when I resigned I moved out I had a lh Torana (Classic car) in the shed that I coudent get the week I moved my boss said I could leave it there till I could get it I then got a message saying that his moved it to his work shop and I can't have it till I pay the power bill I payed the power bill then he said I codent have the car till I had a chair fixe that was damaged when I was renting the house I've tryed to contact him to have the chair fixed with no luck and this has bin going on for over 6 months how do I go about geting my car back as it's a classic and is just left in the wether in his workshop yard

Hello

Can you not attend the premises with a tilt tray and have the vehicle towed?
Its your vehicle, there is no need to fix anything to get the vehicle back.

He would not have any lien (legal right) over the property and thus you should be able just to pick the vehicle up.

You can also have the police attend and supervise the pick up if there is drama.

Its a collectors item that hold significant value. It needs to be picked up.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further question after doing so at no further cost.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you and any time I try to organise to get the car no one is there to to open the gate or he won't answer his phone and I was ment to get it tomorrow and I got told i can't have it till I fix the seat but he won't let me fix the chair

Attend tomorrow and demand he is there to access.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I contact the poloce and see if they can help me get my car back

I have already suggested that