Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

I have received an invoice from the pages listing and have

Customer Question

Hi I have received an invoice from the White pages listing and have tried to cancel this as I have not receive any communication requesting confirming our participation. Telstra officers inform me that the repeat of our listing is based on a 2009 phone recording where they informed me that the service would repeat unless I cancel it. I believe reliance on a recording which is 7 years old is quite excessive. Can you please advise whether I am locked in due to this 2009 recording. Thank you Enio Gaudieri
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Western Australia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that about it
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

I am assuming this is for a business?
If so, then sadly if it were to go to court, you would be treated as a 'business savy' type of person and should have made a note of this and reminded yourself to cancel.

Sadly, I assume White Pages know this and will rely upon this.

I undertake a lot of debt collection in my practice. I argue the above, saying that people like your good self should have known. Sadly for you, courts generally accept it.

2009 is a very long time ago I know, but a court will accept the above.

Also, in reference to the above, under contract law, you accepted the terms, sadly.

My advice, contact them and settle for a lesser amount.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Expert:  Daniel replied 17 days ago.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 13 days ago.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.