Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I made a statement against my husband, he pushed me to our

Customer Question

I made a statement against my husband, he pushed me to our bed during our argument then I kicked him he grabbed my leg and it left a bruise, second fight we spat at each other and he said to me he'll push me through the wall, i was so upset when I made the statement and being new in this country I didnt know that my husband will be charged by me making a statement to the police, will I be able to withdraw my statement?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You cannot withdraw the statement, it is now in the hands of the police.

If he has been charged with assault then you are just a witness and the police will not withdraw the matter.

It is a matter that the court will have to decide. I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards