Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I purchased a vehicle in 2008 from auction in NSW as a

Customer Question

Hi. I purchased a vehicle in 2008 from auction in NSW as a repairable write off. I had the vehicle transported up to me in QLD straight away and it repaired and ready to be registered but I've done the WOVR check and its now on the Statutory list? There is a simple form to be filled out at QLD transport but I'm not getting any help from the auction company. I'm not sure who to speak to from here.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm in QLD but the vehicle was purchased in NSW in 2008
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all really
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What is the form that you have to complete?

Can you email it to me***@******.***

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a form that has to be filled out by the insurance company that wrote the vehicle off. I went to register the vehicle but they told me that the laws changed in NSW in 2015 and no vehicle can be sold as repairable but I bought the vehicle in 2008 and it has been in QLD since then.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon

The record that shows it was a repairable write off have you access that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a receipt to say it was purchased as a repairable write off and it was on the register as repairable but when I checked again just recently when I went to register it is now down as statutory. I'm looking for the QLD transport form online at the moment to send through.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have sent through form with ATTN: Leon in the subject.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Leon?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Evening.

My apology for the delay.

I will get back to you when I receive it.