Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

How do I best go about transferring a Supreme Court matter (

Customer Question

How do I best go about transferring a Supreme Court matter ( in Cairns SC ) to the District Ct level.
Matter was recently transferred to the Cairns area by Brisbane SC judge.
But the matter only concerns the Transfer of 6 x $1.00 shares in a Pty Ltd ex Trustee Co. which has no assets.
So obviously a long way from the Supreme Court's $750,000 threshold.
What Form & Application is made?
Looks to me, like A Registrar could Order this transfer from SC to DC.
Also on a separate matter issued in the Cairns DC, I want it Transferred to the Mt Isa DC because all the witnesses involved are in Mt Isa & the action took place in Mt Isa .
How do I best do this? Forms to use?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 22 days ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Who started the matter in the Supreme Court?

You can file a notice of motion to have ti transferred to the DC if you say that the 2 matters are based on the same facts.

But the other side has the right to object and they may have a case for costs thrown away in the Supreme Court.