Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

We are a timber flooring installer. We finished a job on 5

Customer Question

HI we are a timber flooring installer. We finished a job on 5 August to install the timber flooring for a customer. But after we finished the job, we didn't get paid at all. The customer made the payment already, but the contractor held the payment and didn't pay to us.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sydney NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, we are thinking we should go to the local court or tribunal
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We finished the job on 5 August 2016 till now. We didn't receive any payment. The contractor said there is some noise from the job we have done, so he refused to make the payment. We said we can invite the Australia Timber Flooring Assosiation to do the inspection. If the report showed it is our fault. We are happy to take the responsibility. If not, he should make the full payment for us. But the contractor also refused our requirement. And he didn't answer our phone at all. That is the situation we meet now
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 24 days ago.

The contract is with the contractor, so you need to sue them.

I would suggest simply filing with the Local Magistrates Court and pursue payment immediately.

If they wish to settle and offer you the money or at a lesser agreed amount, they can do so.

On the face of it, you have a good chance.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 21 days ago.

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.