Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am a defandant in a civil case. This case involves my

Customer Question

I am a defandant in a civil case. This case involves my business and myself and is going through the ringwood magistrates court.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, we have had a mediation and are supposed to have a mention on the 12th october. I have been informed that I have to be represented as the business owner. i have just finalised another case in VCAT and was going to talk more to my lawyer in regards ***** ***** case, but have just had an offer of compromise served on me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do i respond to an offer of compromise.. this is a very petty case
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
Well with the letter, it needs to be responded to.

They send the letter so they can rely upon it in a costs order against you if they are successful, as they can prove to the court / tribunal that they tried to settle the matter and mitigate loss.

If you do not agree, then offer a counter proposal.

I accept that it is a petty case, but courts generally do not enjoy actually doing things, so it is best to try and settle as they will force you to do so at the hearing anyway.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.