Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have a iPhone 6s and have taken a chip out of the screen

Customer Question

I have a iPhone 6s and have taken a chip out of the screen (about 3 months ago) and it was still working till this morning. I took it back to the store and they said the warranty is void because of the screen being broken (I am still on a plan), they told me to send it off with them, or go to the Apple store and it would be cheaper, but not guaranteed to fix the problem, it could be further into the phone, but I'm unsure. I thought that when you had a plan, that the company had to supply a working phone. Can you please advise. Thank you, Wendy
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not as far as I know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, main thing is, should I be getting a working phone, or do I need to purchase a new one or fix the old one.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You took it out yourself?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me....but I have spoken to the telecommunications ombudsman and have an answer. Thank you.One thing I will ask though is that I do not wish to continue a subscription to this site and have emailed to let them know, so, hope I do not get charged anymore - other than the $5. Thanks again.
Expert:  Leon replied 8 months ago.

Good Afternoon

I will let them know.

All the best and good luck

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, as I said the problem has been resolved. I just want to make sure I am not charged anything else.