Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I was involved in awork related RTC 4 yrs ago - lost my job

Customer Question

I was involved in awork related RTC 4 yrs ago - lost my job & declared bankrupt - I was found to be at fault and paid my fine. The other party is now claiming damages for himself and his partner though he was alone at the time of the accident and he stated to police at the scene that he was not injured in any way. I have only just managed to turn my life around following this and am wondering if the insurance from my former employer would cover costs. There have been previous claims through the insurers but I understand this is a personal claim. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We feel that we have been punished enough both financially (my wife is still bankrupt - Mine has only just ended) and mentally/emotionally and to be honest his claims are laughable in their extreme.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Road Traffic Accident - I am of the understanding that Vicarious liability comes into the equation as well as the liability time frame of 3 years ????
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the collision occurred in South Australia