Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Once you have court date with her breaking them do we both

Customer Question

Once you have court date with her breaking them do we both go to court or does she go on her own and can he ask for more time and ask for a few more changes in court orders because she broke them
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He went to the school and girls weren't there again it was his time to have them for school holidays
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you have a court date both parties have to attend. If one refuses to attend the other can request the matter be dealt with in the absence of the other and the orders made in favour of the the party that is present.

The court has a discretion to do that or can adjourn to have both parties present.

The party that attended can also seek costs for the day.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can she do this and if my son wants his time with his girls and the girls love their father too he is the one who has to take her back to court and in the mean time the girls miss out on seeing their father
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning.

Even there are court orders, the parties do not have to comply and if they dont the court will be harsh on them.

She is simply being vindictive.

Your son has to go back to court and the court will find against her as what she is doing is not in the children's best interests.