How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5136
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our son is smoking marijuana in our home without our consent

Customer Question

Our son is smoking marijuana in our home without our consent with our two young sons living here apart from the penalties for him can our younger children be taken away from us?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Queensland
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The son that has been smoking has been caught before but not charged
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 months ago.

Well arguably the Dept of Human Services can argue that it is an issue and have the children removed if there is a complaint.

Though if your son is not violent, has zero negative impact on the younger children as a result of his drug taking then no, I would not suggest that would occur.

If he gets charged and the like will not change anything really.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

I note I still have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.