Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I seek advise on employment disciplinary action against me.

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Perh
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only received a letter from HR Manager regarding the incident and my opportunity to respond on Monday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I am hearing impaired and mostly read lip. Also that I do not have a union representative to have as a support person for the meeting
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to draft a response to the attached letter by Monday morning. I'm not sure what to say in my response as I know I have made a mistake, but desperately need to keep my job. I have a duty not to disclose any information but have made a mistake not intentionally, and would like to be able to be given a second chance as I have a hearing disability I will not be able to find other work easily. could you assist me with a letter in response to this?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I cannot give you an answer. But do you agree with the contents?

You should go though the letter paragraph by paragraph and start to reply.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hallo Leon.
Thank you for your response.In answering your first question, yes I agree with the contents, but cannot say so as I'm desperate not to loose my work.
So therefore I do not know how to answer this without implicating myself even more
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning.

If you lie you will lose your job.

Have they advised you what they intend to do?

Do you feel remorse for what you have done and is there a policy at work and do you have a copy?