Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I am looking in to getting some advice in regards to leaving

Customer Question

Hi there,
I am looking in to getting some advice in regards ***** ***** a 12 month mentorship contract early without a buy out fee. The mentorship is working under a personal trainer in a commercial gym. Many of the terms that were stated in the contract have been broken or not fulfilled by my employer. As well as this, the employer has not been paying my superannuation and tax. I am wanting to get a written document made up by one of your contract lawyers stating what has not been obliged by in the contract in the hope that my employer will drop the buy out fee which could by quite a considerable amount of money considering I have only been in the contract for three months and out of these 3 months, my "mentor"/ employer has been overseas for 7 weeks. I have spoken to the head office of the gym I work in and they have stated that there contract will over-ride hers. But we are just wanting to get a legal document made up in the hope of keeping all parties happy.
I am needing help as soon as possible & I am more than happy to communicate through email where i can send the appropriate documents.
Regards, Shai
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What does it say about breaches of contract?