Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

Oh. I was just researching as im planning to move to NZ but

Customer Question

Oh Hi paul. I was just researching as im planning to move to NZ but im bankrupt. I earn a fair bit of money here but wondering if its a fresh start there or the credit agencies are the same ? i would assume so
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: yes i only have a year to go. i earn approx $250k per year and have a private trustee NSW
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I am just trying to work out so i can pay contributions of my excess income to my trustee and how they would manage this
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok thank you Pearl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes in Australia yes but i havent disclosed anything or my plan to move to NZ with my trustee as yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just if my bankruptcy still carries on as normal in NZ or is it a clean start with credit there but still owing my trsutee here thats all ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No the entities in NZ have no relation to Australian entitles in respect of bankruptcy.

HOWEVER, it is 2016, they can do a search on you in Australia and you may have some difficulty getting a loan there perhaps, but it is a matter for the financial institutions there.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you