Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am an Australian Citizen and need an American Law

Customer Question

Hi I am an Australian Citizen and need an American Law specialist for a commercial dispute with an American company JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: They are in Utah JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: No JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: A real estate education company came to Australia last year and they charged me 50,000 but what they offered was not what they said I want to know if there is any way I can get my money back.anybody there

Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry you have been defrauded. Just to be clear, we cannot represent you but we can certainly answer any questions you have. You can file suit in Utah where they are located. You should hire a local attorney who can represent you in Utah courts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ok, does it matter if I am Australian and not an American Citizen and how much does it cost

Since that entity contacted you they entered you into the jurisdiction of the Utah courts so you not being a citizen should not be an issue. It is hard to speculate but the typical litigation attorney will charge between $5000-10,000 or sometimes they take it on contingency meaning they get paid out of any recovery they obtain for you.