Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Leon We have had a tax debt in 2013 of $81875 Prior to this

Customer Question

Good Day Leon
We have had a tax debt in 2013 of $81875
Prior to this date We had an agreement to pay of a tax debt of around 78000 in monthly installments of $2500 P/M
So by 2013 we had been paying for almost 2 years the agreed money and the debt had increased rather then decreased. So we asked some questions why, how come, and so on. But did not get an answer and so we started an investigation through the ombudsman and have not heard from it ever since. Today I receive bankruptcy notice about this issue. What can I do? What are my options
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Have you been paying the set amount that they asked for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
untill the investigation through the ombudsman was started. From thatcpoint on all was on hold till the investigation would be able to find out where the money we had been paying in to 2 different accounts provided by the tax department had gone to.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

What was the outcome from the ombudsman?

Do you have evidence of the payments and the accounts they went into?