Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I own a Supported Residential Service specialising in the

Customer Question

I own a Supported Residential Service specialising in the accommodation of the aged. I had a resident who has passed away but owes $11,400 in fees. The Son says there is no money in the estate. The Son placed his Mother at the facility and he signed the Residential and Services Agreement. Can I sue the Son?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your inquiry.

Can you scan a copy of the Residential and Services Agreement so I can see what he has signed and in what capacity.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a scanner at home but I could fax it if that helps
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot scan from here but I could fax the document - does that help?

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to give out contact details so I can't can't accept faxes.

If you have a fax machine you should be able to scan unless it's really old. If you can't figure that out, I suggest you try taking photos of the relevant pages using a smartphone or digital camera, and emailing them to yourself, then you will have files on your PC that you can send to me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh dear - that's too technical for me, I'm sorry. I would have to get a friend to do it but it couldn't be tonight. Thank you anyway

If it takes a few days that's ok, just send them when you can.