Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

My husband got 2 kids and his son is living with us now.She

Customer Question

Hi, My husband got 2 kids and his son is living with us now.She smart and doesn't show correct income but she tells children that she works 12 hrs shift. he still pays 1000 for girl who is living with her mother.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And we got 20 yrs daughter full time study and didn't get any allowance because oh my husband's income but child support regulation doesn't consider her as his responsibility.How come two different rules in same government body.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
child support doesn't consider as he is not the biological father but how other body of government centrelink can say that my husband income is high so she is not entitled for youth allowance. My question is if my husband income effects for not getting youth allowance then why she doesn't she count as his depended and reduce the child support payment which is 1000 for month.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon.

If the father is not the biological father then he should not be paying child support unless he has adopted the child.

How old is this child?

Is this child living with the mother?