Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

The real estate I rent through, takes water for money out of

Customer Question

The real estate I rent through, takes water for money out of my rent money, then issues me with text messages, that my rent is not enough or that I have money owing. They have changed their name, referred to me other real estate agents, and they all kepp doing this to me. I have spoken to QSTARRS, and I know they do not have the right to charge me water etc as it is not stated on 12b of the rental agreement. I have not been issued with a water bill. They just take money out of my rent. Can you help When I asked them to stop and correct the ledger, they yelled at me and called me a fool and said they would get me evicted
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
Correct nothing.

Send them an email, referring to the agreement that you pay the rent with money for the water and they are not entitled to a cent more.

Its their stuff up. They should have known better than to agree on such an agreement without looking into how much it will cost.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, they take money for water out of the rent. I have a ledger to prove this. A ledger that they gave me. They are arrogant and take no notice of me. They operate as if they are a law unto themselves. I cannot get my Rent into advance As it is I pay $100.00 extra per fortnight in order to get my rent in advance. So much for GOODWILL!!!!
Is there no other way that I can make them leave the god damned rent ALONE. Send me a bill for the water, then we talk contract. Whats with the prissy letter writing thing - they take no notice of that. Sick to death of their bad behaviour and blatent disprespect of the laws
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I escalate this
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Yes I understood that to be the case.

As I have said, send an email, demand to leave the rent alone and enforce the agreement.

Then ignore their pleas. They do not have a cause of action here.

Please click accept / rate my service.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Its a contractual issue, the agreement as per the contact and by way of what has occurred with the ledger shows that they agreed to deduct monies with the rent for the water bill.

If there is more water used (within reason) then they legally need to wear it, sadly for them.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will go to the REIQ and Office of Fair Trading to escalate this. They taunted me to 'go complain to the Prime Minister of Australia" so that I will do I wont be induging in any 'letter writing' Thanks for your help. R Shauna
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Relax, they are clearly getting to you, which what they want.

They do not have a claim.

Fair Trading will ask that you try and settle. Send the email to prove to them you tried to settle.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you