Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer

Well I was working for INDEPENDENT TIPPERS they had a job in

Customer Question

Well I was working for INDEPENDENT TIPPERS they had a job in latrobe st melbourne at 12.27 i was book for parking i took the fine to them and they will not pay it so im note paying it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 month ago.

Are you talking about a parking fine or a bill of some sort (you have referred to both a bill and a fine but they are different things)?

If it was a parking fine, then was the fine issued for your vehicle or your employer's vehicle, and who is it addressed to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The fine was sent to me because the company gave them my name because i drove that track all the time but the truck is rego to independent tipper can you get back to on monday thanks michael wade

Hello again,

Unfortunately if you were driving the truck at the time and were therefore responsible for parking it illegally, then you will be liable for the fine, even though it may be a company truck and you were on company business.

However, if you were not driving the truck at the time and/or did not park the vehicle illegally yourself, then you need to defend the fine and should contact the authority that issued the fine to explain your position. You will likely need to sign a statutory declaration to that effect, but once you do the onus will fall on the employer to prove they are not responsible for the ticket.

Act quickly because there are time limits for objecting to fines of this sort so read the instructions on the back of the ticket regarding defending the matter.

I trust the above assists.

Good luck and please rate my answer.