Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

What happens if the person I'm replacing who is on a

Customer Question

What happens if the person I'm replacing who is on a secondment wants to return to their job? My contract has just been reviewed for another 12months. Do I have to return to my old job early?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Now public health sector - nursing
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. The person I replaced called me today to tell me she wants to return to her job as soon as possible
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry for the typo - it's NSW
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They have a right to come back as their job is on hold. If you were told you were only there fro the 12 months while they are on secondment then you cannot make a claim about being terminated.

What was the agreement for your employment?