Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I left my son who is aged 9 in the car, so I could run into

Customer Question

I left my son who is aged 9 in the car, so I could run into the chemist to get his medicine as he has a chest infection and I didn't want out in the wind again. I was gone 5 mins at the most. Shortly after returning home, a police officer visited and said that they had received a call from someone about the issue. He took my name and my sons details and said he was passing it on to Child Protection. What can I expect to happen from here?? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You may find yourself being questioned and if they believe you have neglected the child they may try and take him from you.

You have to wait till you receive something and when you receive documents I suggest you urgently see a solicitor that practices in family law to represent you.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.