Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I am employed by a company that pays a salary and also day

Customer Question

hello, I am employed by a company that pays a salary and also day rate. I work in the USA and Australia. while in Australia after I work a specific amount of days my day rate goes up, time and a quarter after five days straight in field, and time and a half after ten days straight in the field. I get paid time and a half working on holidays ie Labor Day. my question is, if I am already getting time and a half, do I get paid another time and a half on top of the time and a half I am already getting paid or does the pay stay the same?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you under an agreement and what does that agreement say? if not you may be under an award and that dictates what you are paid.