Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

I work for a Body Corporate. Our Body Corporate believes the

Customer Question

I work for a Body Corporate. Our Body Corporate believes the retaining wall at the back of the property may have some kind of drainage issue. I am trying to work out whose responsibility it is and whether it would be better to just contact the local council to investigate.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: QLD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, they did send what I consider a rather vicious letter to the neighbour telling them they have to maintain the wall, but I don't think that was the correct action
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just after information please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 month ago.

Why do you believe the body corporate blaming the neighbour was wrong? Is the retaining wall on the boundary between the body corporate land and the neighbour's?

What is known about the history of the retaining wall and when it was built?