Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I have been disqualified from driving till 2025,however 5

Customer Question

I have been disqualified from driving till 2025,however 5 years of that was through the old RTA.I was in 2 custodial sentences for that crime.I have been out of jail for 2 years without further problems,I am wondering if it is possible to get a licence back before the designated time,as I think that I have been punished enough,look forward to your reply.Peter Tebb***@******.*** Mobile 0422 437 577
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to complete the disqualification by the court and no breach that. Once you have satisfied that you can then apply to have the RTA disqualification for habitual offender to be overturned.

The courts wil not grant you a licence whilst the court imposed disqualification is still in place and not completed.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.