Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

My ex partner wants to amend an avo that was placed on him

Customer Question

My ex partner wants to amend an avo that was placed on him due to family violence, he's been in prison twice for assault and family violence , he threatened to kill my children and my self, my kids are just starting to feel happy again. Even thou the avo ends late January 2017 my children still don't want to see him or his family. Will the order be amened or will it stand till January 2017 like we want.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I had a police officer attend my house and hand me court papers for next month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but they can ask me anything they need
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The parties that are the projected ones on the AVO have to agree for it to make it easy for him.

He has to take it to court and ask then court to make the amendments and they parties protected under the AVO will be asked to attend and give evidence to show if they are still in fear of him.

This is the process.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.