Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My partner has just been served with a temporary good

Customer Question

My partner has just been served with a temporary good behaviour Dvo against me,served by police.until the next court hearing on the 30th October.i mentioned in court I am worried about her mental stability.i am fearful she will harm me or our child before the next court date,but she is still within rights to return to the home and the judge said her having supervised visits to our daughter would be OK.am i within my rights to go with our daughter to Yeppoon to see her grandmother for possibly a week?we wish to leave tomorrow.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 7 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The DVO does not deal with where you can go.

If you choose to leave with your daughter your partner can apply to the family court to have her returned if she has not given you consent to take her.

But until there are orders in court there is nothing stopping you taking your daughter to see her grandmother.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards