Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

We moved in Australia 13 years ago from Belgium. Therefore

Customer Question

We moved in Australia 13 years ago from Belgium. Therefore we haven't got any family in Australia>
On 11 may 2015 I got a pulmonary embolism (a clot in each lung). In these circumstances my ex left me alone in ED pretending that he had to feed the kids (18 and 15 at that time) and there was a nice tv program> My program was 6 doctors and nurses injecting me heparine to avoid another clot. I'm alive it's the most important thing.
Anyway after that since he again hasn't got any job he decided to go to QLd (at 2500 kms) leaving me alone with the kids, refusing to come back (only when my GP threatened him of desertion of family) when I was diagnosed of severe depression at risk of harming myself. He went back but returned to Qld after convincing me to change of GP. He put me in respite house and one month in psy ward leaving the kids alone for 6 weeks, my first one was only 18 since april and the second one 15.
I tried to come from hospital to help them but i could sleep maximum 90 min per night. I lost 13kgs in one month.
Do you think that he can be sued for desertion of family and or sick wife. It's only in November last year that I realised that i'm the surviovr of the cycle of violence, lost my mum of suicide when i was 3 years of age, dad has never spoken about her, abused by my brother and finally finishing with another pervers narcissicist who abused me psychologically, emotionaly (you are not able of ..., you are a piece of sh..., etc), economically (he asked me money before even our engagement), isolation (we moved here from Belgium because he was in problem in Belgium, I didn't know that) and finally physically. Police involved 7 times at home. I'm fine now with help of real friends and proud of myself. It's possible even in another language and at 20000kms of my roots.
What do you think about desertion of family ?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I am unaware as to what advice you have been given from others, however a partner cannot be sued for such things sadly.

A court will be of the view that this is just a sad circumstance of life, dealing with someone so selfish.

I wish I could give better news, but I do not want to provide you wish false info, which results in false hope.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.