Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience

Leon don't know whether you answered my question. 1) Can

Customer Question

Hi Leon
don't know whether you answered my question. 1) Can they come through the house and take photos with my furniture in it.2) I am not denying them access but they want it is access anytime with 24hr notice. I have read the lease and to me it is rather vague 3) Is it reasonable of them to ask for the 5% commission fee from the rental agents
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening.

They can take photos of the property as it is with your furniture.

There is nothing against the law about this.

They cannot have access when they want. The lease is very clear on them having to give you notice of when they want access and you cannot unreasonable refuse it.

It just says reasonable notice. But if you are not available you can refuse them access. Most agents want access in weekends on a saturday to have an open house.

I am not sure about the last question about the commission