Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court

My question is regarding a broadband service provider that

Customer Question

Good evening, my question is regarding a broadband service provider that has just given me a 30 day warning that they are increasing the cost of the service per month. I have been under contract with them for 8 months, i have also read there core terms regarding the contract and the line they are arguing is "we can change your contract or a service, subject to the rest of the clause". The rest of the clause doesnt apply to me so i guess my question is can they change the cost of the service just off that sentence?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

It seems completely unreasonable that there I an open ended clause allowing them to change the contract without agreement?
I would suggest contacting fair trading as well as the telecommunications ombudsman and file a complaint.

It is unreasonable.

Please click accept / rate my service where requested. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.