Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Can my son apply for interim custody of his daughter as her

Customer Question

Can my son apply for interim custody of his daughter as her mother is in jail? She is applying for bail on the 9th September and we do not want her to come and take Gracie. Her trial date is the 11 November she was caught with commercial quantities of Meth, Ghb and deadly weapons.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No and we really can't afford to. I think my son earns too much money to qualify for legal aid and his finances are a mess since the separation.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: They will both accuse each other of drug taking. The police and child protection are approving us as interim guardians I think. My son lives with me and Child protection have been to the house to approve us to have Gracie.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello

The short answer is yes.

In respect of the matter, all you really need to is convince Child Protection that it is in the best interests of Gracie to reside there.

That alone will be a significant savings of lawyer fees.

Convince them, they will provide a report and confirm it is in Gracie's best interests.

Drug issues are a factor. Have your son attend a medical centre, provide some drug urinalysis to prove he is off drugs.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.