Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I got a starter motor from woods auto electric under

Customer Question

I got a starter motor from woods auto electric under warranty and then I had to get it replaced because they provided me with a faulty motor. This is the 3rd time now that i've had to get this replaced and now they're telling me that i have to pay $713 for their stuff up. I have also misplaced the invoices etc for replacing the starter motor. I am at woods auto electric now and they said I cannot take my car until ive paid. Do i have to pay the $713?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Its their stuff up, as you have rightly suggested.

Clearly it can be proven that you purchased the starter there, so they cannot claim otherwise.

Correct, they do have a lien over the vehicle till their bill is paid, (In English, they keep the car legally till the money is paid) but in circumstances where it is their stuff up, that amount needs to be waived.

I suggest demanding that the vehicle be released or face legal action.

You can file an application here:
http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.