Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I am a Canadian citizen in Brisbane on a work visa. I had a

Customer Question

I am a Canadian citizen in Brisbane on a work visa. I had a one-time sexual encounter with a local man - married sports celebrity with professional team affiliation and ethics commissioner. I have become pregnant and want to recover costs of terminating pregnancy and legal costs. Please advise.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello

In respect of the matter, under Australian law, you really cannot claim costs in respect of a termination of the pregnancy.

It is a part of the law that is never really sought, let alone the legal costs in respect of same.

I wish I could give better news but I cannot give you false information that well, results in false hope.

I do however suggest that you contact the father and request that he assist, but legally, no there is no real mechanism to claim sadly.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.