Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Anne Brice,I have worked for Queensland Health for % years.I

Customer Question

Hi My name is ***** ***** have worked for Queensland Health for % years.I did the role of the dentalassistant at Woodford correctional services for 4 years.No orientation and when job started 600 prisoners..In the first 2-3 years it went up to 1200 and repeatedly told I cannot do job on my own.Over 50 hours still unpaid leave owing,my senior relieved me for one day,made copious mistakes,left sterilizing and said she forgot drive home.How have you coped? I haven't I have asked for a second dental assistant for 2 years.I suffered a nervous breakdown,suffered excessive bullying,reported it.had my computer access at woodford cut off by nursing unit manager.Felt desperate as not getting any help from Queensland health.Walked into a correctional managers office and swore.Admitted it,told truth.relocation to Brisbane Hospital,currently 2 dental assistants in my permanent position at woodford.I did all sterilizing,administration,chairside assisting,counting over150 instruments a day.On behavioral plan at BDH.meetings were to be booked every 2 weeks.nothing.code of conduct course and conflict resolution course in first month.Went to code of conduct course,and conflict resolution course,not booked in.Screamed at by senior dental assistant in front of patients,dentists,dental assistants and Senior dentist director was present and did nothing.emailed executive director for help.Had meeting with executive director last week,rung hr and asked if I may email an agenda item list to be discussed,no.new plan put in place,no discussion of no meetings taken place.Had an appointment afterwards with work place and saftey officer said go to fairwork commission for a stop bullying action order to be put in immediately and am told very serious.I also wrote to malcom Turnbull who responded that executive director would help.No overtime pay,no addressing of bullying.Meeting this friday again with executive Director and hr as I have told them advice.what do you suggest? Thankyou for your time
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Malcolm Turnbull can do nothing for you as it is State government issue.

What would you like to know?