Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Can i retract a police statement? NSW, NO, like?

Customer Question

can i retract a police statement?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: NSW
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: like?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
No, not particularity, the NSW police will rely upon the statement given to be true and correct.

You can however chose to attend court when it is next in hearing and explain to the Police that the statement was incorrect, however THEN it is a matter for the court to decide to take the statement into account or to consider the statement to not be truthful.

Please click accept / rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i want my my money back !!!
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I accept that this news is not what you want to hear, but it is true and correct.
I work as a criminal lawyer in Sydney, the police do not just retract statements here regrettably.