Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I moved interstate [vic] to live with my partner and it

Customer Question

Good morning, I moved interstate [vic] to live with my partner and it ended as she didn't want me and wasn't in love yet I was and I moved back to qld. I will be the first to admit I sent a lot of txts/ph calls in the last month as I missed her and in the past numerous times we got back together despite this. Yesterday I received a horrible msg from her to which I haven't done anything as terrible as it rights up,certainly no theft,illegal personal internet access or threats etc. I realize she has moved on and hundreds of txt weren't helping her want my back,and realize I shouldn't contact her no more [I did txt a few times after receiving her msg to say sorry for annoying her with all txts/calls over the month and that I wont contact her no more and could she please not do anything legal or cruel [the way it worded]. Here is what it says,please give me some advise and how will I know if she go ahead with it or even if bogus? Oh and I did send it to a friend and my father to ask about it,as it is quite distressing.
"Benjamin Jones I would like to politely inform you: Intentionally causing embarrassment ,possession and distribution of illegally obtained personal information without permission,accessing someone elses internet accounts without permission,slander and defamation of character,rumer mmongering,cyber bullying,harrassment,intimidation,making threatening statements and /or lies to belittle or ruin a persons reputation,or to cause undue stress and anxiety,are chargeable offenses. Please be aware if any of these above mentioned offences happen again I will not hesitate to file a lawsuit. So please do not speak of or commit any of the above mentioned offences. Delete any/all of my personal information,txts,online msgs,photos or other personal information you do not have my permission for,that you may or may not have. Do not contact me or my family and I will not contact you or your family. This is my statement. Sincerely ***** ***** this day 16th August 2016. p.s And I do not give you permission to distribute,show anyone or speak about this msg with anyone,with exception to your lawyer.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
Do not be concened about being sued, there is no real claim here at all.
She has suffered no financial loss and thus she cannot sue you.

She can however have you charged for using carriage to menace / stalking.

Sending excessive texts etc can be seen as stalking and thus a police officer can charge you.

My advice, leave her alone and move on with your life as you can have a criminal record as a result of trying to contact her, in particularly when she has demanded that you stop contacting.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 months ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.