Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)

I am the owner of a brand new digital services agency and

Customer Question

Hi I am the owner of a brand new digital services agency and company based in Australia. As we service customers worldwide and desire to promote this more, we have set up virtual office addresses in USA and UK as a start and advertidse addresses as our other office addresses/locations. We are also seeking a more international presence to our customers but is this illegal? We also deal with freelancers in overseas companies dealing in USD and so i charge in USD even though we're located in Australia (at this stage anyway) Is there anyway to get around this worldwide office virtual address location issue- it it is an issue?. Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You can have the virtual addresses but you should advertise the primary and head office location.

It is not illegal to have virtual address many companies.

You may have tax issues in all the countries though and you should get more detailed advise from an accountant.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
why would there be tax issues we are only incorporated and based physically in Australia? So to confirm its illegal to advertise "our locations... USA,,,UK... Australia etc? Thanks
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Because you are not based in australia you are overseas and there is no australian director.

If there is no austrtalian director the company is not allowed to exist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am australian.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

But you are currently not living in australia.

You are the sole director of the company

and you have undertaken tax returns where you have indicated that the company is resident in australia (meaning a director is currently in australia) and you are also here in australia

This is all wrong and you can be fined and penalised