Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I run my business from a property owned by my mother who is

Customer Question

I run my business from a property owned by my mother who is 95 and not well. My brothers have taken her to her solicitor and re done her will, with them both as executors and given me no details....I found out by accident when I rang her solicitor. Someone suggested I should put a caveat on the shop so they couldn't throw me out, and allow me time to sell the stock I have...quite a lot. They are both quite well off... but obviously think of everything as an inheritance. I am not, but if I need to sell off, I need to sell off at the lowest cost price....hey owe the ATO 5 yrs. payments. Please tell me what I should do immediately....Trish
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 5 months ago.

Although she is not well, does your mother have full mental capacity and if so, will she not tell you what is in her will?

Do you have any kind of lease on the shop?

Do you have exclusive occupation and do you pay rent?

How long have you been in the shop?

What is it that you are saying about the five years payments?